Monday 10 February 2014

The YMCA

Last week, as Caryn mentioned, I had a medical school interview at Virginia Common Wealth University in Richmond, Virginia. Because I was there for two days I got to do some site seeing in this beautiful and historic city, and I also got swim at "the Y" for the first time in my life. Up until last week, I had never swam at a YMCA before, so it was a unique experience, especially because this YMCA was particularly old and located on historic Franklin St. It was also the smallest pool and most ghetto prison shower that I have ever experienced. On the upside, they had water zumba while I was swimming, so at least I had some good jams.

Other than being behind in school (like every 4th year) I am enjoying the time in the pool. I am also eating a lot (maybe not 6 dinners like Caryn), but that is what comes with training.

I though you might like to see some photos of Richmond, VA instead of reading a rambling post for a change (also because I need to head to the pool soon and I don't have time to write anymore).
Statue of George Washington outside the State Capitol

Virginia State Capitol, originally built in 1778 By Thomas Jefferson

Original House of Delegates

The YMCA I swam in twice while I was there

The hotel I stayed in called the Linden Row Inn. Doesn't look like it could be affordable on a student budget does it? Well, it was! I also found out while reading a guest book that the room I stayed in was haunted...probably why it was affordable. 

The historic Jefferson Hotel. This was not student budget friendly.

Just an average street in Richmond

'Merica Y'all

Good advice from the bottom a fence post. 

For all my Canadian friends in the throws of -20 weather, Virginia has green grass.

Until next time,
Kaylynn

No comments:

Post a Comment